If you do not know about Call forwarding then this article is for you. We will give you information about What is Call Forwarding? And the difference between Unconditional Call Forwarding and Conditional Call Forwarding, so read this article till the end.
What is Call Forwarding?
Call forwarding is a telecommunications feature that redirects incoming calls to another phone number or device. This versatile tool serves various purposes, including:
Improving Customer Service: Businesses can utilize call forwarding to ensure that customer calls are promptly answered, even when employees are unavailable. This may involve redirecting calls to voicemail, a receptionist, or a designated team of employees.
Enhancing Mobility: Individuals can employ call forwarding to maintain connectivity while away from their primary phone. For instance, calls from a desk phone can be forwarded to a mobile phone, facilitating communication during travel or remote work.
Managing Personal Time: Call forwarding is valuable for establishing boundaries between work and personal life. Individuals can redirect work-related calls to their work phone during business hours and seamlessly switch to their phone after hours.
What is Unconditional Call Forwarding?
Unconditional Call Forwarding (CFU) is a telecommunication feature that immediately redirects all incoming calls to a different phone number without allowing your device to ring, regardless of any conditions or restrictions. Activating this feature means that calls to your phone number will automatically be sent to the designated forwarding number, whether your phone is busy, unanswered, turned off, or experiencing signal issues.
This feature is a convenient solution to ensure that you don’t miss important calls, providing flexibility by seamlessly directing calls to an alternative number of your choice. It proves especially handy when you’re temporarily unavailable or prefer calls to be forwarded to another device or colleague.
Also, Read This: How to Change the Chat Theme on Instagram?
How can you divert incoming calls unconditionally?
The specific method for diverting incoming calls unconditionally will vary depending on your phone carrier and device. However, the general steps are as follows:
- Locate the settings app on your phone and open it.
- Look for a section or option related to call forwarding or call settings. The exact name may vary depending on your device.
- Within the call forwarding menu, you should find an option for unconditional call forwarding. This setting will divert all incoming calls to another number without ringing your phone.
- Enter the phone number to which you want to forward incoming calls. Ensure you enter the number correctly, including the country code if applicable.
- Once you’ve entered the forwarding destination, save the changes to activate the unconditional call forwarding setting.
- Via USSD Code: Dial *12* Mobile-number #.
What is Conditional Call forwarding?
Conditional call forwarding is a feature in telecommunications that automatically redirects incoming calls to another phone number under specific conditions. It allows users to customize call redirection based on different scenarios. Below we give some conditions for call forwarding:
- Busy: Calls are forwarded when the user’s phone line is occupied, and they are unable to answer the incoming call.
- Unanswered: Calls are redirected if the user does not answer within a specified number of rings or a designated time.
- Unreachable: Calls are forwarded when the user’s phone is out of coverage, turned off, or experiencing network issues.
- No Answer/Unavailable: Calls are redirected if the user is unavailable to take the call, which may include being busy, unreachable, or not answering within a set timeframe.
How can you conditionally forward the calls?
Below we give step by step guide to turn on Conditionally forward the call:
- Open the Phone App or Open Settings and search Call setting
- Select the call forwarding option.
- Select any you like by giving options such as “Always Forward,” “When Busy,” “When Unanswered,” or “When Unreachable.”
- Enter the number and Turn on
You can also you USSD codes we have given below table:
How to Turn off Call Forwarding?
Ans. The method for turning off call forwarding depends on the type of phone you have and your carrier. Here are some general instructions:
- iPhone: Go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding and toggle off the switch.
- Android: Open the Phone app and tap Menu > Settings > Calls > Call Forwarding. Turn off any options you don’t want.
- Landline: Dial *73. If you have T-Mobile or AT&T, dial #21# instead.
We explain everything about call forwarding, including Conditional Call Forwarding and Unconditional Call Forwarding. We hope this article is helpful for those looking to learn about Call Forwarding. Share it with anyone who might find it useful for understanding Call Forwarding better.